Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2013 will be the 10 year anniversary of my street art project. Has it almost been a decade since I gave away a free painting on a park bench in Cambridge, MA (my neighborhood)? Since October 2003, I've given away about 800 pieces of artwork across the country and around the world. My goal next year is to drop off paintings in all 50 states. I've covered about 30 states so far, so I have about 20 more to go.

I plan to do a big road trip in the fall of 2013. This is going to be a huge endeavor! I will give away at least 300 paintings (I will drop off 15 paintings per state). I plan to use kickstarter.com to raise funds for art supplies, car rental, gas, hotel, food, etc.... This is the first time in my street art project history that I will ask for donations. My project has been a self funded endeavor.

Thanks for checking out my very first blog. I can't wait to start documenting the 10 year anniversary of my street art project.

2 comments:

  1. Bren, you are truly amazing and one of the most special people I have met in Boston. :) Greatly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah.... Wow, thanks for the super sweet comment. You made my afternoon! I feel the same about you. So glad we met :)

    ReplyDelete